Coach teachers in and model effective use of technology tools and resources to systematically collect and analyze student achievement data, interpret results, and communicate findings to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning
Improve effectiveness of implementation, reduce burden of documentation.
- Understand whole learner’s strengths and challenges: academic, cognitive, social emotional and behavioral
- Increase collaboration amongst all stakeholders (teachers, family and student)
- Scaffold the use of matched evidence-based interventions, best practices of RTI/MTSS and effective differentiation
- Cut meeting and prep time in half!
- Meet student intervention goals more frequently/quickly
- Connect all the dots easily and visually
(Branching Minds 2019)
In my blog post, Designer and Analyst – Is Branching Minds the puzzle piece I’ve been looking for?, I focus on combining a technology resource for data collection, collaboration and a variety of assessments with a Learning Management System (LMS) like Seesaw that can give more robust student reflection and achievement data to better maximize student learning. These are two examples of platforms that could support systematically collecting and analyzing student data. Other platforms may prove to be more useful or new platforms may arise that would replace these but the important message is having a combination of a tool for collecting data to analyze results while also have a LMS system that supports student voice and choice to gather the best information to analyze.
Technology Tool: Branching Minds
Branching Minds (2019). Retrieved from https://www.branchingminds.com
Seesaw. Retrieved from Seesaw.com.